Top: St Andrews Road, Headington in 1937. Photo by Cyril Arapoff, © Oxfordshire County Council Photographic Archive
Bottom: a similar viewpoint 72 years later. The old cottages were demolished in 1938 to make way for a new development set further back from the road. The lamp post in the foreground of Arapoff’s photo appears to have been moved as well.
More on Arapoff here.